Sew Sublime Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from 16/05/2018.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
Current data protection law sets out a number of different legal bases for which we may collect and process personal data. These include:
- Consent: We can collect and process your data having gained your explicit consent for doing so.
- For example, where you have ticked a box to consent to receiving email marketing.
- Contractual Obligations: We may need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
- For example, where we collect address details in order to deliver your purchase.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use and process some of your personal information to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in a way which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
- For example, we will use your address to send you direct marketing information by post, informing you of our products or services.
- Legal Compliance: We may need to collect and process your data if the law requires us to.
- For example, to respond to requests from government or law enforcement authorities.
The information we collect
Sew Sublime Ltd collects data to provide order / transaction information and to improve services for our customers.
We use information that you give us when joining as a customer, as well as information that we get from your use of our services.
This information may include:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including telephone number, mobile number and email address
- Location information such as business address and postcode
- Information relating to customer product purchases made
- Information relating to customer web store purchases, screen sizes and internet enabled device types
- Details of your consent to receive email marketing
- Details of your interactions with us through our sales and customer services departments or online support tools
- Information provided by a third party, where you have given permission for them to share with us the information they hold about you
What we do with the information we collect
We use this information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping as required by Her Majesty's Government
- To process orders and payments that you make using our website or that you place by contacting our sales department
- To deliver on and improve the products and services that we offer
- To help ensure that our systems are secure and maintain continuity of service
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, services, or special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- Our email communications may include user click tracking explicitly for the purpose of measuring the effectiveness of our electronic communications
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for our customer research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We use this information to customise the website and services according to your interests
How we look after your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Where the organisation engages third parties to process personal data on it's behalf, such parties do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We may retain a ‘suppression file’. This will contain minimal data and will be used to ensure we do not market to individuals who have withdrawn their consent to being contacted or marketed to.
We will regularly screen our data to ensure that it is erased after the purposes for processing the data have concluded.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All requests sent to our web servers are logged with an IP address. For logged-in users this IP address is also recorded for the applicable online user profile. This security procedure is undertaken solely as a security and fraud-prevention measure and the information obtained is not used for any purpose other than helping to keep our customer's personal and commercial data secure and ensure the availability of our internet services.
Sew Sublime Ltd endeavours to keep our website secure at all times. However, you recognise when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. Sew Sublime Ltd cannot be held responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Your personal data rights
You have certain rights under existing data protection legislation pertaining to the processing of your personal data.
- Access - You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Rectification - You have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure - In certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records (also known as “the right to be forgotten”).
- Restriction - Where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict processing of your information.
- The Right to Object - You have the right to object to certain types of processing.
- Data Portability - You have the right to have the data we hold about you provided in a transferrable format.
- Automated Individual Decision-Making or Profiling - You have the right not to be subject to automated processing or profiling.
Cookies - What are they?
A "cookie" is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user's device e.g. a computer, tablet or mobile phone. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a website. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tell a website when the user has returned.
They are used by most websites including Sew Sublime Ltd's online store. To make the best use of our website, on any device, users need to make sure that the web browser is set to accept cookies.
How are cookies used by Sew Sublime Ltd?
- Allow users to securely connect to our web store
- Remember the content of the online shopping basket
- Transmit online orders
- Evaluate the use of Sew Sublime Ltd web pages
- Assess web browser capabilities
- Ensure continuity of our online service
How long do cookies stay on my computer?
Cookies that are stored in the computer's memory only during a user's browsing session and are automatically deleted from the user's computer when the browser is closed.
These cookies usually store a session ID that is not personally identifiable to users, allowing the user to move from page to page without having to login repeatedly. They are widely used by commercial websites (for example, to keep track of items that a consumer has added to an online shopping basket).
Session cookies do not collect any information from the user's computer.
Session cookies expire at the end of the user's browser session and may no longer be accessible after the session has been inactive for a specified length of time, usually 20 minutes.
Sew Sublime Ltd use session cookies within our website.
Cookies that are stored on the user's computer and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies can retain user preferences for a particular website, allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions.
Persistent cookies can be used to analyse users' surfing behaviour within the website. These cookies can also be used to provide information about numbers of visitors, the average time spent on a particular page and generally the performance of the website. They are usually configured to keep track of users for a prolonged period of time, in some cases many years into the future.